What does my antibody bind?
Why is the Membrane Proteome Array so successful?
Membrane Proteome Array
- Largest library for cell-based profiling of full-length membrane proteins - includes >95% of the membrane proteome
- Flow cytometry for high-sensitivity detection in unfixed human cells
- Cell-based platform ensures native protein conformations and post-translational modifications
“The team at IM is very scientifically engaged and responsive, and have an excellent turnaround time. The MPA allowed us to move forward with our targeted molecules with confidence of their specificity.”- SVP RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, CLINICAL STAGE BIOTECH
What makes your MAb profiling approach unique?
|Membrane Proteome Array||Cell Microarray||Protein Microarray|
|Size (unique proteins)||5,300||3,500||3,800|
|Binding conditions||unfixed cells||fixed cells||cell lysate|
|Detection method||flow cytometry||immunofluorescence||immunofluorescence|
|Hit validation||antibody dilution curve||additional service||Western blot|
|Speed||4 weeks||8 weeks||3 weeks|
How can the Membrane Proteome Array help me?
We screen your antibody to determine its membrane proteome binding profile, identifying target and off-target interactionsLearn more about how the MPA can de-risk your antibody discovery project
We screen your antibody of unknown specificity to identify which protein(s) on the MPA the antibody bindsLearn more about how the MPA can deorphan your antibodies
Phenotypic Target Discovery
We partner with you to discover new therapeutic targets using high-throughput, cell-based functional assays on our MPA libraryLearn more about how we use the MPA to discover novel therapeutic targets
What to Expect:
- 1. You send us 500µg of your antibody
- 2. We determine appropriate detection conditions
- 3. We screen your antibody on the Membrane Proteome Array
- 4. We validate any identified target protein(s) in a titrated binding experiment
- 5. We send you a final report within 4 weeks
“We have been very pleased with the data that we obtained from the Membrane Proteome Array platform. This showed that our antibodies recognize only their select target, and not the over 5,000 other membrane proteins in their panel.”-MARIA GONZALEZ-PAJUELO, CSO, FAIRJOURNEY BIOLOGICS
Featured Case Studies
Frequently Asked Questions
The Membrane Proteome Array makes use of the largest membrane protein library ever assembled using flow cytometry for high sensitivity detection, resulting in the broadest screens and the highest success rates. A typical project consists of the following:
- You send us 500µg of your antibody.
- We optimize conditions for detecting binding of your antibody in our high-throughput system.
- We screen your antibody on the Membrane Proteome Array using optimized conditions.
- We confirm all hits in a second flow cytometry experiment.
- You receive a detailed report containing a membrane protein binding profile and the identity of validated targets.