- Includes ~95% of the membrane proteome (6,000 native membrane proteins)
- Flow cytometry for high-sensitivity detection in unfixed human cells
- Cell-based platform ensures native protein conformation and post-translational modifications
MEMBRANE PROTEOME ARRAY
25% of antibodies are polyspecific. De-risk your program by choosing the right lead molecule.
Live, unfixed cells
Flow cytometric detection
What does your antibody bind?
Off-target drug binding can cause serious side effects or even death. We developed the Membrane Proteome Array as the largest array of membrane proteins yet assembled for deorphaning and specificity profiling of biotherapeutics including antibodies and CAR T-cell therapy.
The Membrane Proteome Array is the industry's leading specificity profiling platform
De-risk your program by choosing the right lead molecule
The Membrane Proteome Array is the industry’s leading specificity profiling and deorphaning platform for biotherapeutics including antibodies, CAR-T cell therapy and other ligands that target human membrane proteins. This platform uses high sensitivity flow cytometry to screen your biotherapeutic against 6,000 human membrane proteins expressed in live, unfixed human cells.
Why is the Membrane Proteome Array so successful?
What Will Your Data Package Include?
- Full cross-reactivity analysis across 6,000 proteins
- High-quality data analysis with publication-quality figures
- Validation of identified target protein(s) by titration analysis
- IND-ready option with full data traceability and auditability
What makes our MAb profiling approach unique?
We screen the largest human membrane protein library ever assembled using flow cytometry and unfixed cells for high-sensitivity detection, resulting in the highest success rates
Size [unique proteins]
dilution binding curve
What can the Membrane Proteome Array do for you?
Phenotypic Target Discovery
What to Expect:
- You send us 500 µg of your antibody
- We determine appropriate detection conditions
- We screen your antibody on the Membrane Proteome Array
- We validate any identified target protein(s) in a titration binding experiment
- We send you a final report within 4 weeks with a full analysis and publication-quality figures
Featured Case Studies
See how FairJourney established that their antibodies do not demonstrate off-target binding
Understand how a MAb can cross-react with a completely unrelated protein
Learn how the Membrane Proteome Array was used to deorphan panels of antibodies with unknown targets
Frequently Asked Questions
A typical MPA project takes 4 weeks from receipt of your antibodies.
The Membrane Proteome Array uses the largest membrane protein library ever assembled, flow cytometry, and unfixed cells for high-sensitivity detection, resulting in the broadest screens and the highest success rates. A typical project involves:
- 1. You send us 500 µg of each antibody that you would like screened
- 2. We optimize conditions for detecting antibody binding in our high-throughput system
- 3. We screen your antibodies on the Membrane Proteome Array under optimized conditions
- 4. We confirm all identified targets in a second flow cytometry titration experiment
- 5. You receive a detailed report within 4 weeks containing the membrane protein binding profiles of your antibodies, the identity of validated targets, and publication-quality figures
You will receive a detailed report containing the binding profiles of your antibodies and results from a second validation screen (antibody titration screen) on any identified targets. The report contains publication-quality figures. Additional publication, patent, and IND filing support is available on request.
The MPA is very flexible regarding screening conditions. Typically, we screen under unfixed conditions, but can use permeabilizing or even serum-free conditions if needed. We will discuss the best conditions for your antibodies with you at the start of your project.
Hits are validated by testing serial dilutions of your antibodies for binding to cells over-expressing identified target(s) in a second flow cytometry experiment. This validation screen is included as part of every project.
Ready To Get Started?
We have worked with more than 100 top biotech and pharmaceutical companies to help them succeed. Let’s talk about how we can help you.