How can I identify off-target binding by therapeutic antibodies or the cellular receptors of protein ligands?
Membrane Proteome Array™
Applications of the Membrane Proteome Array™
- Identify off-target binding of antibodies to derisk therapeutic development
- Discover the targets of orphan phenotypic antibodies
- Uncover functional receptors for viruses and protein ligands
How is the Membrane Proteome Array™ different?
- Expression in live human cells and screening using unfixed conditions, ensures native protein conformation and post-translational modifications
- Each membrane protein is validated for expression
- Flow cytometry is used for high sensitivity detection
- Well-based format allows functional screening in live cells
"The Membrane Proteome Array enabled us to rapidly identify and solve a specificity problem with one of our lead MAb candidates, saving us us a huge amount of time and money."-VP of antibody discovery
How does a project work?
- You send us 500µg of your antibody/protein
- We optimize conditions for detecting binding of your antibody in our high-throughput system
- We screen your antibody on the Membrane Proteome Array™ using optimized conditions
- We confirm all hits in a dose-response flow cytometry experiment
- You receive a detailed report containing a membrane protein binding profile and the identity of validated targets
Turn-around time: 4 weeks
Featured Case Studies
"We have been very pleased with the data that we obtained from the Membrane Proteome Array platform. This showed that our antibodies recognize only their select target, and not the over 5,000 other membrane proteins in their panel."-Maria Gonzalez-Pajuelo, CSO, FairJourney Biologics
Frequently Asked Questions
The Membrane Proteome Array™ makes use of the largest membrane protein library ever assembled using flow cytometry for high sensitivity detection, resulting in the broadest screens and the highest success rates. A typical project consists of the following -
- You send us 500µg of your antibody.
- We optimize conditions for detecting binding of your antibody in our high-throughput system.
- We screen your antibody on the Membrane Proteome Array using optimized conditions.
- We confirm all hits in a second flow cytometry experiment.
- You receive a detailed report containing a membrane protein binding profile and the identity of validated targets.