ABOUT INTEGRAL MOLECULAR
Integral Molecular is a research-driven biotechnology company creating innovative technologies and therapeutic antibodies for under-exploited membrane protein targets, including GPCRs, ion channels, transporters, and viral envelopes.
15+ years experience optimizing membrane proteins
Work with Top 10 pharmaceutical companies
300+ customers and partners
Are you passionate about science and interested in joining a world-class research team?
Do you want to be a part of a close-knit, small company that takes an active interest in your learning and development?
We are looking for smart, curious, and passionate individuals to join our team and contribute to our shared success.
What you can expect:
- Serious work in a casual atmosphere
- Collaborative, dynamic learning environment
- New ideas and constant innovation
- Leadership opportunities to enable your career
- Scientifically and culturally diverse teams
How To Apply To Integral Molecular
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Job ID# in the subject heading. Integral Molecular is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Career Openings
Do you hold a PhD in the life sciences? Do you have a passion for writing?
We seek a highly creative writer eager to apply their scientific knowledge and skills towards communicating to a variety of audiences (other scientists, customers, professionals). You will be part of a team that works collaboratively to tell the story of our technologies’ impact on scientific discoveries and human health.
- Work with a supportive team to develop and craft outward facing company communications especially publications and grants
- Use your science training to contribute to the company’s knowledge base, scientific direction and product development
- Writing and editing peer-reviewed scientific publications regarding antibody/viral structure and function
- Work directly with research scientists to analyze data, plan, write and edit manuscripts
- Creating and editing material (tutorials, application notes, patents, grants, and promotional material) for communications with other scientists, customers, and professionals.
- Plan and help set writing priorities in alignment with company goals and manage projects to meet timelines
- Candidates should have a PhD in the life sciences (biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or equivalent) and 0-2 years of relevant post-graduate experience
- Excellent writing skills, high attention to detail, experience in writing peer-reviewed publications, and experience in collaborative writing
- Experience leading and managing projects is desired
- Writing samples may be requested.
A resume and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job ID# 040619 in the subject heading
Integral is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to support the execution of new product development initiatives designed to create a robust pipeline of technology innovations on the Shotgun Epitope Mapping (SM) team. The Scientist (Development and Innovation) will lead the discovery, ideation and exploration of programs related to antibody epitope mapping by collaborating cross-functionally and with external partners and customers. In this position, you will gather insights (based off industry trends, customer challenges), determine critical focus areas, and develop new ideas to create innovations that lead to customer value. These new ideas and concepts will align to business goals and strategy.
- Identify and drive the design and implementation of improvements to the high-throughput epitope mapping process to support biotech/pharmaceutical immunotherapy research and meet customer needs
- Develop skillset in business development by helping to establish pricing strategies, timeline to launch for product lines and management of the SM product life cycle
- Work with collegial, innovative, and intellectually stimulating team members that continue to publish high quality manuscripts.
- Hands on technical lead for process improvement for Shotgun Mutagenesis epitope mapping to include identification of ways to improve capacity in the system, optimize process performance and increase efficiency and productivity
- Develop thorough understanding of the SM process in collaboration with Project Leader and Research Associates
- Investigate and implement technology (instrumentation, software) solutions to innovate within the SM process
- Develop as the subject matter expert within the team to troubleshoot molecular biology and epitope mapping problems
- Act as the “voice of the customer” through collaboration with sales team and provide product feedback that drives development of novel services
- Train Research Associates and new members of the team
- Represent the team at internal, external and customer meetings
- Candidates should have a PhD in the cell and molecular biology fields or a related discipline
- Extensive experience working with bacterial and mammalian cells, DNA transformation/transfection, and fluorescence-based assays (especially flow cytometry)
- Interest and or familiarity with leading high-throughput assay development is a plus
- Qualified candidate will have an innovative mindset, be a collaborative team player, effective critical thinker, clear communicator, and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
Desired but not required
- Experience with automated liquid handling systems
- Experience or interest in NGS sequence
- Understanding of protein/antibody biochemistry
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Job ID# 10142021 in the subject heading.
Our company is in an exciting growth phase where we are launching new products and reaching new markets. To support our growth, we seek a Research Associate I, who will work with a dedicated group of scientists on the development and commercialization of biomedical technologies.
- Develop high throughput protein and antibody characterization skills
- Develop molecular design and engineering skills along with high-throughput molecular cloning skills
- Scientific development leading to professional advancement or Graduate School
- Conduct laboratory research and support general R&D efforts for customer-based biomedical research
- Projects may involve cell culture, virology, DNA preparation, and liquid-handling automation
- Perform cell-based assays (Western blot, ELISA, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biology, bioengineering, or a related field is required
- 1–2 years of laboratory and cell-culture experience is desired
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocols and learn quickly
- Candidates must be attentive to detail
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with a collaborative and proactive attitude
Please submit a resume (cover letter optional) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job ID# 090306 in the subject heading.
- Coordinate multiple tasks with team members to provide needed supplies
- Prepare reagents including buffers, chemicals solutions, complex reaction mixtures and media according to established methods and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Maintain glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, autoclaving, and distributing.
- Perform tasks using aseptic techniques including working within a biological safety cabinet.
- Participate in the general maintenance of all equipment related to the preparation of assay materials and assist in the monitoring and reporting of equipment conditions.
- Assist with inventory management of supplies and solvents by placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Enhance laboratory organization by taking ownership of new requests
- 6 months – 2 years hands-on laboratory experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, medical technology or related field
- Highly motivated individual capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Business Development and Marketing
Are you a driven, growth-oriented, business-minded professional, with a science background, that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment? Do you want to work with industry leaders in a growing, world-class, mission-driven biotech company? We develop solutions today to help our partners create therapeutics for the most urgent diseases. We seek a Business Development Associate to help launch new partnerships, businesses, and growth strategies. Successful candidates will also be involved with our marketing and sales teams to assist with strategic growth plans.
- Work with scientific and commercial teams that will help you grow in new career directions
- Early career entry into business development and commercialization
- Lear to drive the conception and implementation of new partnering strategies
- Interact with strategic shareholders, clients, and C-suite executives at conferences, webinars, and on conference calls to support partnership opportunities.
- Attend and prepare for major partnership conferences (e.g. BIO, JPM)
- Build new client relationships by coordinating and facilitating introductions and discussions
- Develop partnering and licensing agreements from inception to close
- Coordinate with sales teams to identify new opportunities while maintaining existing ones
- Analyze commercial markets and competitive landscape to identify growth opportunities
- Candidates with a background in the life sciences and an interest in business strategy or commercial product management are encouraged to apply.
- BA/BSc with 3-5 years’ work experience, or MSc or MBA with 0-3 years’ work experience
- Experience in tech transfer, entrepreneurship, or product commercialization preferred
- A demonstrated interest in business development, marketing, and sales
- An interest in driving new relationships through networking and communication
- Experience in negotiating, preparing legal agreements, or financial analysis of markets is desired
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter specifying salary requirements to email@example.com with Job ID #12132021 in the subject heading.
Integral Molecular is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Administrative and Operations
- Work with a growing biotechnology company doing cutting-edge research.
- Gain experience developing strategies to source top talent in the biotech field
- Work in a friendly, supportive research environment in University City.
- Own the process for engaging, evaluating and hiring top candidates to join our company
- Work with team leaders to develop job descriptions, identify candidates and manage the candidate experience
- Manage the inbound applicant pipeline and identify passive job seekers using a full range of sourcing/attraction tactics and resources
- Provide a pleasant experience for every candidate from application stage to offer while evaluating skill level
- Driving the interview and offer process including reference checks
- BS/MS in a biological science and at least 3 years’ experience in cell and molecular biology.
- Experience with tissue culture, western blot, DNA subcloning and flow cytometry is required
- The successful candidate will have experience interviewing candidates, a warm personality, be an excellent judge of character and have excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and evolving priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Learn about biotechnology and opportunities in science outside of research
- Work with collegial, innovative, and intellectually stimulating team members in the development of new commercial products
Scientists with a demonstrated interest in business, strategy, and commercialization are encouraged to apply
- Graduate students and post-docs are welcome (advisor approval may be required)
- A degree or enrollment in a biological degree program at the MS/PhD level is required
- Internships require a minimum of 5-10 hours/week of effort
- Internship projects typically encompass 2-3 months of work
- Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and self-starting
- Excellent organization and communication skills are required
- Demonstrated interest or experience in business is desired, but prior business experience is not required
We offer part-time and temporary positions to law students looking to gain practical experience in a biotechnology company. Our legal internships are open to students with an interest in learning the legal side of science. You will work with our legal, business development, and product management teams. Projects can include market research, researching new product potential, and strategic planning. Commercial internship positions are flexible in nature, both in time and location.
- Gain real-world legal experience in an actively growing biotechnology company.
- Develop legal documents which enable customer and partnership relationships to develop into active scientific projects, research discoveries, and therapeutic products.
- Review biotechnology contracts and agreements, including CDAs, MTAs, MSAs, and license agreements
- Communicate internally with legal experts and business decision-makers
- Internships require a minimum of 15-20 hours/week of effort
- Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and self-starting
- Excellent organization and communication skills are required
- Prior experience in a law firm, biotechnology company, or business is desired
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job ID# 10162021 in the subject heading.
“Friendly culture and sense of community”
Working at Integral Molecular has provided me valuable learning and leadership opportunities in an innovative, supportive, and fun environment. I have been able to grow from an entry-level position to a management position while still being challenged with new and interesting projects. My colleagues make it easy to show up at work with a smile every day!
– Rachel Fong, Project Leader