MPS Discovery Engine®
The MPS Discovery Engine® enables the isolation, optimization, and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against challenging membrane proteins, overcoming many of the obstacles associated with these targets. The platform harnesses the strength of Integral Molecular’s 15+ years of membrane protein expertise and proprietary technologies including Lipoparticle antigen presentation, DNA+Lipoparticle immunization, and microfluidic B-cell cloning.
- Membrane protein targets engineered for high expression and incorporation into Lipoparticles in their native conformation
- DNA + Lipoparticle immunization strategy elicits robust immune responses
- MAb epitope diversity obtained on highly conserved targets using evolutionarily divergent avian hosts
- MAbs demonstrate species cross-reactivity across murine, cyno and human targets
- Rapid microfluidics-based B-cell cloning isolates rare MAbs with native VL/VH pairing
Additional downstream services
- Epitope mapping using Shotgun Mutagenesis
- Specificity profiling using the Membrane Proteome Array
- Affinity maturation and antibody humanization using MPO Toolbox™
- Characterization of affinity and avidity using optical biosensors with Lipoparticles
- Agonist/antagonist function using cell based assays
Antibody Discovery Services are available for customer-specified targets or with challenging targets that have been pre-engineered for MPS by Integral Molecular.
For more information, please contact us.
MPS Discovery Engine® FAQs
Q: What is MPS?
A: The MPS Discovery Engine® is a platform for MAb discovery against challenging membrane protein targets. It is enabled by proprietary Lipoparticle and Shotgun Mutagenesis technologies, as well as our 10+ years of expertise working on these challenging targets. In pursuing each target, we consider all strategies that can achieve our goal of discovering useful MAbs.
Q: What kind of proteins can be targeted using MPS?
A: The MPS platform can be applied to all types of membrane proteins, including GPCRs, ion channels, and transporters. Multi-subunit proteins can also be targeted. MPS is especially suited for membrane proteins that are toxic or poorly expressed, which may require additional engineering to be targeted effectively.
Q: Why is MPS better than other strategies for generating MAbs against membrane proteins?
A: MPS overcomes many of the challenges associated with antibody discovery against membrane protein targets, including poor expression, limited immunogenicity, and difficulty in obtaining conformational antibodies. This is enabled by target engineering and display on Lipoparticles, the use of divergent species to obtain robust immune responses, proprietary antibody display strategies, and MAb screening against native protein conformations.
Q: How do you engineer your membrane proteins for high expression?
A: Many membrane proteins are notoriously difficult to work with due to their low surface expression and cytotoxicity, but modifications such as mutations, truncations, and chimeras have enabled many of our membrane protein targets to be expressed at levels 10-100 fold higher than wild-type. Each target that we engineer is customized based on its underlying expression problem. Engineered receptors are used for internal projects, partner projects, and customer-based research projects however are not avilale as standard reagent Lipoparticles.
Q: What are the deliverables that I will receive upon completion of a project?
A: Upon completion of an MPS discovery project, customers receive 5-20 target-specific MAbs (protein and DNA clones) and their sequences.